1921
Volume s1-28, Issue 4
  • ISSN: 0002-9637
  • E-ISSN: 1476-1645
USD

Abstract

Summary

  • 1.  In a series of 50 consecutive bladders removed at post mortem showing ova on digestion of the whole viscus, 16 (32 per cent) were normal to the naked eye and the remaining 34 (68 per cent) exhibited macroscopic lesions.
  • 2.  Snips were taken from ten bladders which appeared to be normal macroscopically, and in which ova were demonstrated on digestion of each viscus. In nine the snips were postive for ova of S. .
  • 3.  These results have a practical application. Should a bladder appear to be normal on cystoscopic examination, vesical bilharziasis cannot be excluded. A biopsy then performed will probably reveal the presence of schistosome ova should be bladder be infested.

Loading

Article metrics loading...

/content/journals/10.4269/ajtmh.1948.s1-28.563
1948-07-01
2017-11-25
Loading full text...

Full text loading...

http://instance.metastore.ingenta.com/content/journals/10.4269/ajtmh.1948.s1-28.563
Loading

Most Cited This Month

This is a required field
Please enter a valid email address
Approval was a Success
Invalid data
An Error Occurred
Approval was partially successful, following selected items could not be processed due to error